Welcome to the 2016 fantasy season! Before we kick off the new season, let's take a moment and congratulate the 2015-16 JFL Champion, The Silverback himself, Don Senior. The Silverbacks had one of the most memorable performances in league history. After starting the season 1-5, savvy Silver somehow rallied to win 6 straight and sneak into the playoffs. During that incredible 6-win run, Silver posted yuuuuuuge numbers on his way to leading the league in total points scored:
- 156 points in Week 10
- 136 points in Week 12
- From week 7-13, Silverbacks averaged 110+ points per game
- Silverbacks acquired Carson Palmer from free agency in Week 1 -- Carson Palmer in Bruce Arians offense blew up last year -- good move Silver!
- Silverbacks traded Ronnie Hillman/Alan Hurns for Calvin Johnson -- I am not sure how this trade happened, but Megatron had some monster games down the stretch. Is Hurns a keeper... Maybe?
- Silverbacks traded TJ Yeldon for Deangelo Williams -- Silver credits D.Willy for taking him to the promise land as he played a key role at a pivotal moment in the season. Again, maybe someone was looking for a keeper in TJ Yeldon... and if that's the case, that's sad.
- Silverbacks acquired Jeremy Langford off waiver wire -- Langford had three 20+ games during Forte's injury. This one hit too close to home for me to discuss.
- Silverbacks acquired Charcandrick West off waiver wire -- Charcandrick was just one of many role players that provided stability for Silver in his great time of need. Remember, Silverback held out hope for CJ Anderson for far too long (every year Silver seems to draft a RB that totally shits the bed -- anyone remember Trent Richardson?)
With that, let's talk 2016 and the opportunity to MAKE YOUR TEAM GREAT AGAIN! As you know by now, the league has been activated. Draft info can be found below:
This year I am proud to announce that the Silverback himself will be acting as the Department of Treasurer. He will be calling each of you to collect league fees. You also have the option to pay via PAYPAL. However, that option is only good for the next week. At that point, if you have not paid, Don will be calling you directly to collect a check. PayPal info can be found below:
League Fees for 2016 are $50: https://www.paypal.me/donjeter
GOD BLESS THE JFL!
***Bold bets & Commissioner's power rankings will be published post-draft.